Cats hate water and, although they have an obsessive behavior for grooming themselves, the truth is that the bad smell can come and see us in the position of how to clean it without going through the bad drink of putting it in the water. Well, we tell you how to remove the bad smell of the cat without bathing it.
Why cats hate water
Maybe the word ‘hate’ sounds a bit strong, but we can’t find another one that best describes your pet’s feeling towards the essential liquid of life. There may be some cats that do not dislike getting under the tap, but those who do not like can become beasts that do not know what they do. Accidental attacks on owners have been heard for trying to escape from it.
Why does it happen? Why cats hate water? What cats hate is not being wet in themselves, but perhaps the noise that the tap can make. The problem is, according to some scientists, that cats have very limited experience with water, and their sound, along with the feeling of being wet, is not very pleasant because of the fear of the unknown.
It is clear that if a cat puppy grows by a lake, and has no other place to go, his instinct, sooner or later, will drive him to swim in the water. Therefore, it is not that cats have an innate fear of water, but, not being accustomed to it, trying it for the first time can become a traumatic experience.
Much of the guilt, in this sense, is ours, because we have spread and believed the myth that cats should not be bathed. And why not? Are they going to shrink? Not at all!
An occasional bath with the right products can prevent you from having parasites and will improve the appearance of your hair and skin. Therefore, if since you are a puppy you accustom your cat to take a bath a month, you will have a feline that will not fear water.
How to remove the bad smell of the cat without bathing it
If your pet is already an adult, it will be very difficult for you to get used to the water, since, as we said in the previous paragraph, this should be a process that is part of the cat’s life. Therefore, since you can no longer do so that your cat likes water, you have to learn how to remove the bad smell of the cat without bathing it.
- Dry shampoo In stores and veterinary clinics you can find a spray with which to spray the feline and which acts as a dry shampoo. Be careful with your eyes and spread the product well throughout the body. The best way to do this is to brush it to drag the product throughout the area. Let it act for a few minutes, in which you will have to keep it entertained to prevent licking, then remove with a brush and then with a towel.
- Depending on the life of your cat, even the aforementioned spray may not be necessary. If your cat is not one of those who go out ‘on a walk’ on their own, a simple brushing every two or three days will be enough to eliminate the waste that the environment could have left in their hair.
- Clean its parts. When the cat makes his needs, there may be remains of pee or feces that give off an unpleasant smell. Clean these with a neutral pH wipe that does not damage your skin every time you have proof that it has been in the sandbox.
- Clean the legends. Believe it or not, the legends that form in the eyes of the animals have an unpleasant smell. Carefully clean your cat’s eyes every day; The best thing for this is small cotton moistened with water.
- You see that keeping your cat clean is not very complicated. Remember that the hygiene of your pet depends on you because it is part of the responsibility you accepted when adopting it.